We’re excited to have you joining us next week to launch CarpentryCon 2022! To ensure you get the most out of your participation, we wanted to share some important information with you.
- All conference participants must abide by The Carpentries Code of Conduct. If you have not already, please familiarize yourself with it before joining your first session at the conference.
- The full conference schedule is available on the Schedule page. There have been a few updates to the schedule over the past few weeks (some sessions removed and others rescheduled) so be sure you have the most up-to-date information on the date and time of all sessions you wish to attend.
- We’ll be using two Slack channels in The Carpentries workspace to support CarpentryCon. #carpentrycon will be used for announcements, initiating discussions relevant to sessions, and asking general questions about the event. Technical issues should be directed to #carpentrycon-helpdesk. If you are not on Slack, you can email email@example.com with any questions.
- If you are unable to attend a session but have a question for the presenter or session leads, please add those to the Etherpad of the appropriate session under “Questions for Presenters/Session Leads.” A link to each Etherpad is provided in the information for each session.
- For anyone who asked for materials to be made available to them in advance, all session leads have been asked to upload materials to the Google folder CarpentryCon 2022 Session Materials.
- There are several sessions that require separate registration for CarpentryCon because they have an attendance cap. These sessions are listed below along with the link for registering for them. You can read abstracts for these sessions on the schedule page.
- Machine Learning Lesson Development Coordination
- How do we translate what we have learned from teaching online?
- Incorporating data literacy topics into Carpentry lessons
- 3 August, 2pm UTC (attendance cap of 60)
- Learning to analyze intersectionality using R
- Git Good: Using GitHub for Collaboration in Open Source Communities on
- African Carpentries Monthly Meetup
- 11 August, 7am UTC (attendance cap of 100)
Please submit your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to the event in less than a week!