We are excited to announce that registration is now open for CarpentryCon 2022: Expanding Data Frontiers happening 1-12 August! We look forward to welcoming you at the event. CarpentryCon is an exciting - and free! - way to connect with The Carpentries community and “level up” data science skills.
Register to Attend
The event, taking place over two weeks in August, features sessions that will draw participation from across the globe. The programme will include:
- lesson development sprints
- professional and community skill building
- technical skill-ups, including tool tips for GitHub, Zoom, R, and Snakemake
- regional subcommunity updates
- updates on new curriculum development
- …and more.
Find out more
Check out the schedule and pick the sessions that you would like to attend or (if recorded) watch afterwards:
- CarpentryCon 2022 Schedule
- CarpentryCon 2022 Plenary Speakers
- Some sessions have an attendance cap and require separate registration. View These Sessions in Eventbrite
Stay up-to-date via our Blog and Slackchannels, and post with the #CarpentryCon2022 hashtag on Twitter. You can see upcoming sessions on the Carpentries Community calendar, in the #calendar slack channel, and by adding to your own calendar.
We emphasize hosting inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to participate and engage fully. Thanks to generous funding from The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, and YOU - via our Accessibility Fund, we are able to offer support for conference attendees who require access to specific services to fully attend the event. These services include:
- Live closed captioning
- Remote simultaneous interpretation
- Adding language subtitles to video recordings
- Childcare services / Caregiver services
- Translation of written text
- Mobile data
Please read the conference Accessibility Statement for more detail and visit our Accessibility Fund page. For donations above 20 USD, you can select from a variety of swag designed for this special funding campaign.
We invite volunteers to support the event by serving in one or more of the following roles:
- Lead facilitator: will open session, make relevant announcements, and support session leads by monitoring questions and comments from attendees
- Zoom support: will assign hosts, create breakout rooms, mute participants, and provide technical support as needed
- Communications: will help share information about the conference via social media and address questions coming from participants via our Slack channel
You can let us know of your interest when you register for the event.